We need to pack this weekend! The plan is to pack something warmish for California, something less for rest of the trip, but all tips greeted with delight, what we must remember to bring? Is there mosquitos?
Here some list we have created:
sunscreen
sunglasses
maps and other navigation aids (the digital version has proven to be quite diffucult to get working in my phone)
iPod with the car plugin
clothes
torstai 21. kesäkuuta 2007
Packing
Lähettänyt
Leyla
klo
4.07
Tilaa:
Lähetä kommentteja (Atom)
7 kommenttia:
Now it seems we will get the Nokia navigation to work... knock on wood though
They said the the Western part is warmer than average for this time of year... We will not need too much warm cloths I guess. The only problem is with the car, we are used to cars being cold and how to work with engines not starting but what happens to them when its +50C outside?
Ai niin saa kommentoida myös suomeksi, ollaan kirjoitettu englanniksi kun meidän vastaanottajat ameriikassa seuraa varmaan myös miten selvitään kohti coloradoa.
Get a good-sized memory card for your phone (they're cheap) and pre-download the maps for Colorado, California or wherever you'll be going with the PC Smart2Go Map Downloader. This saves time and money.
Don't forget the travel plugs for phone and other chargers!
Rental cars are usually okay, but last time I had one in Florida (+28 C), the engine stalled when I tried to start it. Just call for help :-)
Some spots to visit in California / Bay Area : Monterey (nice town next to sea, Carmel, Pebble Beach), Santa Cruz (nice beach town), Napa (lots of wineries), San Fransisco overall! Disclaimer: my experiences from early 90's :-)
Hopefully I am commenting. My Finnish is still rough so can't read all of the instructions :-) you look like you are hitting some of the best spots! Great choices by far I think. I would have even suggested taking a trip south to the San Diego area, but there is so much down there too. There's a huge horse track where they used to do horse shows but I don't know anymore about the details.
I would say this time of year, you might need a jacket for the night time, especially in the desert areas. Look forward to seeing your posts on Jaiku.
Hyvää matkaa!
ainiin, K olen minä (=Kaisa)
Lähetä kommentti